As much as we try, we do not have control of external circumstances. We do, however, have the power to choose what we focus our attention on. We can choose which people we spend our time with. Take a quick look around, where do you spend the majority of your time? Is it in a place that brings you happiness? If not, what changes need to be made? Are you watching or reading things that provide you with joy? Choosing to spend time with negative people will drain your energy. Choose wisely. Imagine your source of energy comes from a power strip. You can pug into five sources. Where are you plugged in, work, your children/grandchildren, your significant other? Check your plugs, are you going to short circuit? Plug into your priorities first. Then, make sure to plug into things that fill you with energy, not something that drains your energy. If you are continuously plugging into negativity, you will be exhausted and eventually short circuit. Check out the following tips to improve your stamina and detox the negativity out of your life.
1. Set healthy boundaries. Remember on day #1 of the challenge? We wrote down five priorities in your life. If something does not line up with your priorities, it is ok to decline that invite.
2. Do not absorb the negative energy of others. Someone may be in a bad mood, but that does not mean that you have to be. You have no control over someone else's reactions, but your response is 100% under your control. The best way to a "non-reactive" lifestyle is meditation, rest, and exercise. Keep your energy high.
3. Forgive, yourself, and others. Carrying old hurts can cause a lot of extra weight on your shoulders. It makes you tired and grumpy. Lighten your load and practice forgiveness. Remember, forgiveness is not reconciliation! Forgiveness involves one person, and that person is YOU! It consists of letting go of old hurts and resentments. Unforgiveness is like a constant energy leak. The more you hold on to, the more your energy drains, and you will find yourself exhausted or sick.
4. Choose happiness every day. You get to choose your focal point every day. Are you focusing on the rain or the beautiful flowers the rain brings? Change your focus to the silver lining of life! Sounds easy, but it has enormous benefits.
5. Meditate, meditate, meditate. This is a great way to build resilience to life's stressful situations. Building your resilience is like filling your gas tank. It allows you to handle life's difficulties with less energy. Take time for yourself!
Learn more about Wellness 360+ Online Programs!
Group fitness classes designed by Physical Therapists. Full Access of ALL exercise programs for 1 low price!